Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

2016 Favourites



 2017 is here and for my first post of the year I'm going to be doing that typical blogger post and share with you all my favourite things of 2016 from the topics of beauty, fashion, music, tv and blogging.

beauty 

This year I grew my collection of MAC lipsticks from 1 to 6 and they have to be my beauty favourite of the year. They are the best lipsticks I've ever tried by far, they last a long time, gorgeous shades and even matte shades aren't at all drying. My favourite out of them all is Velvet Teddy, it's the most stunning brown toned nude I've worn like crazy this year.


I also tried Urban Decay's eyeshadows this year. I purchased the Naked 2 Basics in February then later bought the big Naked 2 palette in November. I am so impressed with these shadows, they are really pigmented and blendable, I know I'll be using them all the time this year too. The Naked 2 Basics is a collection of 6 really wearable, natural matte shades and the Naked 2 has some lovely mostly cool toned shades including mattes and shimmers. The palettes can create a number of different looks and I've used them in several blog posts this year.




NYX launched in UK Boots stores this year and I was so excited to try some of their products. Their  Soft Matte Lip Creams were a huge favourite of mine during the summer, I have 4 of their shades because they are really affordable, Stockholm and Abu Dhabi are my favourites. I look forward to trying even more of their products this year.




A couple Benefit products I've loved this year are their 'Gimme Brow' brow mascara and 'High Beam' highlighter. The Gimme brow I got a sample of in a magazine and loved using it to keep my brows in place. I also received a couple of new ones in my Christmas Benefit set which I'm so glad about because my old one has now ran out! High Beam is the most stunning liquid highlighter I'm always raving about, it's one of those products I use everytime I do makeup.


Another couple of products I've used on a daily basis throughout 2016 are L'Oreal's Touche Magique Concealer and Maybelline's Baby Lips lip balms. These have been essentials for me this year, the concealer covers blemishes perfectly because the rose beige shade matches my skin very well. The Baby Lips lip balms are my favourite lip balms ever and I make sure I have one with me everywhere I go.




 fashion

A few brief fashion favourites this year include Bomber Jackets (I owned three of these from New Look this year, I wore them a lot because I feel like they go with so many different outfits), the colour burgundy (particularly in the autumn, I just seem to wear this 24/7) and Adidas Stan Smith trainers (aka the comfiest shoes ever).


 music

My music favourite this year has to be Ellie Goulding's album Delirium. I saw her live in February and that was definitely one of my favourite experiences of the year. Delirium is an album which I have never got bored of through the whole year and I still listen to it loads today. A few other albums I've loved include Shawn Mendes' Handwritten and Illuminate, The 1975's I Like It When You Sleep For You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware Of It and Coldplay's A Head Full Of Dreams - that album I listened to lots in the summer.


tv

I have started watching quite a few TV shows this year. I was 'obsessed' with Pretty Little Liars the first half of the year, it's very interesting and mysterious and definitely worth watching before the final 10 episodes begin in April - I can't wait! The second half of the year I started watching Friends and I love it. I don't care if you say it's 'old', it's so rare I find comedy shows funny and I'm always laughing at it. I can watch the episodes over and over again and the characters are amazing.


blogging

I feel so lucky this year to have gained not only several hundred (even thousand) followers on some social medias but also have made some amazing blogging friends. Some of my favourite blogs this year I have to mention are: Eleanor Claudie, Simply Jadey, Life as Tilly Rose, Blossom Of Hope, Simply Shann, Alex Rooke, The Teenage Journal, Meet Me In Melford, Kate Rose, LifeinKateish and Emsi Rose. There are so many more I'd love to mention but I'd be here all day!
I've really enjoyed blogging throughout 2016 and hope this passion continues into 2017. I can't wait to see what blogging has in store for me this year and look forward to watching your blogs grow too.



What have your favourites been this year?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar