Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Rimmel London - Lycra Pro (Professional Finish) in No. 293, Pop Rose

Ever since I read a couple of good reviews about Rimmel's nail polishes, I have set on my mind on getting it. With the Watsons' 20% discount, I grabbed the chance, and all I can say is, not a drop of regret at all! =)

MY NEWFOUND HG NAIL POLISH: =)
(that I think will last a long while, cos this is Better Than OPI)

Rimmel London - Lycra Pro (Professional Finish) in No. 293, Pop Rose

Rimmel London - Lycra Pro (Professional Finish) in No. 293, Pop Rose

Available: Watsons $6.90 (disc 20% of $1.38 = $5.52)

Volume: 12ml, Finish after opening within 30 months.

Star Properties: Gives a professional finish. Up to 10 days. (LOL. I think 10 days is not a lot!!!) With NEW Maxi-Brush for mistake-free application.

Packaging
Good size, good bottle, good cap. Nothing to complain about.

I honestly think that OPI, Revlon, Sally Hansen and the likes have bottles that are way to big for home use. I can understand OPI, because nail parlour use will run the bottle down very fast. But I still think they should make all the colours in mini.

Brush
As mentioned above, Rimmel's polish comes with the newly designed Maxi Brush. First thought that came to mind was: Serious? Can it beat OPI?

Answer: Yes! And by like more than twice the OPI goodness!

I have never used such an amazing brush before. I LOVE how fat it is, and how, like OPI, it's curved off at the corners, so that the brush when spreaded out will fit right into the corners of your nails, at ONE shot if you start from the middle of the nail. I still touch up the thin gap on both sides of the nail by brushing lightly though.

The bristles also have quite a lot of resistance, so that I do not accidentally press it all the way down on my nails, such that the brush fans out too much, thins the liquid too much, and thereby causing streaks. (I have very bad habit of using a lot of strength to paint my nails... ... So I need a resistive brush.)

The Maxi Brush. As fat as the opening. I am thinking, maybe it would be better if the bottle opening was made slidely wider.

Liquid picking power is also really good. A single swipe off the bottle neck will leave enough liquid to coat a standard nail fully. For my smallest finger, I had to swipe twice though. I reckon that for those long fake nails, you will need the full brush, no need to swipe off, cos the liquid is pretty thick, and wouldn't go a very long way.

Liquid
I think the viscosity of the liquid is perfect! I can still remember how flowy Sally Hansen is... ... Can get really irritating.

Drying
Very fast. Though it was still not fully dry overnight, I could easily apply the 2nd coating pretty fast and touch it without leaving fingerprints. No horrible smudging and no need to put that Manicure Protector thing on my nails! Unlike Sephora.

Colour Selection
It's just too bad that Rimmel's Colour selection are very limited to basic colours such as beige, nude, and pinks. So I still have to get those nice, funky colours from brands like Sephora, despite the much, much poorer quality.

My nails in Pop Rose. Exactly the same as seen in bottle. =) Very satisfied.

I love it: 5 hearts.
Cheap and Good!

This is so worth every cent, considering it's just a few cents above $5. I am going to look out for more colours from Rimmel, instead of going for my previous favourites, Revlon Nail Enamel or Sally Hansen. OPI can only be once in a while when I save up for it. =(

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar