Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Love Continues for Collection DeLuxe Lipsticks... | Prohibition & Tallulah


De-ja vu? Well, yes - the more avid readers amongst you might have clocked on to the fact that I've already posted about Collection's Deluxe Lipstick in 'Prohibition' (you can read that post here if you're interested!). I promise I'm not a broken record - I just adore the shade so much that I went out of my way when in town the other week in order to pick up a back-up of it - it really is my 'winter berry' favourite.  I've run it down quite sharpishly to say the least and, well, you know what it's like when you really do love a lipstick... A back-up shade is an absolute necessity. You know it's true love when you can't bare to spend a single day without it living in your makeup bag! Anyway, whilst I was at the Collection stand - I decided that I'd pick up another shade from the range. It would have been rude not to. After all, I love 'Prohibition' so much that it seems silly not to have a swatch and a ponder over it's relatives...

I settled on 'Tallulah' - a gorgeous baby pink shade.  I don't own a lot of pink shades as I'm much more of a 'corals and reds' kind of girl - so this mid-toned pastel was just the ticket.  Expand your horizons and all that... I expected nothing less than the same pigmented, creamy texture of my beloved 'Prohibition' and I wasn't disappointed in the slightest.  Just one swipe provides instant colour pay off and staying power is amazing for a pastel shade! If you're familiar with Mac shades, I'd say it was somewhere in between 'Creme Cup' and 'Chatterbox' - I'd still class it as an understated nude pastel - but it's got a little bit of 'kick' to it - and stands out on the lips without looking too 'wannabee Barbie'.  What I like about it is that it doesn't lean too cool or too warm - it's just a lovely neutral shade of pink and it seems to brighten up my complexion in an instant (which is rare for pinks as they usually look quite bland against my skin).  I must admit it looks slightly cooler in tone on camera than it does in the flesh - but it really is a beautiful pink and has fast become one of my favourite everyday shades.  I'm still a corals girl through and through - but when the 'pink moment' strikes me - I have this little beauty to reach for!

As for 'Prohibition' - I guess it speaks for itself.  It looks a little lighter on the swatch in this post for some reason - but if you want to get an idea of how it looks on the lips, see it in more of a 'true light' and read up more on what I think to it - then head over to my post on it here.  I think the fact that I've already repurchased another speaks volumes for my love of the shade. Overall, I really do recommend checking out Collection's Deluxe range.  They don't have many shades (and I'm hoping they expand their selection soon) but the colours they do have are so wearable and pretty and I'd happily purchase the whole bunch. I'd liken the finish to Mac's Amplified lipsticks - super creamy and pigmented with fabulous staying power. For just £3.99 they're worth every penny.

What are your thoughts on the Collection DeLuxe range? What's your favourite shade?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar