Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Body Shop: Cactus Blossom

Summer is a time when we put pressure on ourselves to have our Summer bod ready. A Summer bod is not just about your weight, there is also the maintenance that comes with not being bundled up in twenty layers of clothes like you are in Winter. For example I do not bother shaving my legs during Winter but they need to be done every week during Summer. The sun does make your skin thrive and less people seem to struggle with spots and dryness which means a lot of people do not feel the need to moisturise during Summer. Plus you already feel sticky enough, the last thing you want to do is apply a thick cream that takes an age to sink in and that is where The Body Shop Body Yogurts come in.

The Humble Body Yogurt

I have made my love for the Body Yogurts from The Body Shop well know, especially when I composed what was basically a love letter to them last year. They are simply the perfect Summer product. When they were launched, I had seen a lot of promo for them and I was desperate to find out what all the fuss was about and to be honest I simply wanted to know what they were. You sort of have an idea what a Body Butter would be about, you would assume it was a thicker texture that melts down, like a butter but what would a yogurt do. I always think of a yogurt as being super creamy and thick and I certainly wouldn't want to apply it to my body. Luckily I feel like the texture of the Body Yogurt is different from normal yogurt but I will get into that later. As I didn't know what to expect I was really intrigued to try them and see what the fuss was about. Now the Body Yogurts are my go to moisturiser. 

I have previously used the Body Butters from The Body Shop but I always found they were too thick and they just wouldn't sink in quick enough for me to be able to put my clothes on without feeling gross. I do not factor having to leave enough time for my moisturiser to sink in before I go to work, I would rather sleep than factor that time in.

Really it was the Shea Butter Body Butter that put the final nail in that coffin as not only could I not stand the texture but the scent lingered and made me feel sick. There is none of this with the Body Yogurts. I've never tried anything that has the same texture as these Body Yogurts before, they are a cream/gel formula and they feel quite thick when you first take it out of the tub but it sheers down to nothing as you rub it in. I love this consistency for Summer, especially opposed to a more traditional butter, or a thin lotion. The Body Yogurts have the thin consistency that does sink in really quickly but it is thicker than a lotion which I seriously appreciate.


I do not like a lotion because they do not feel like they do anything whereas with the Body Yogurts, they both absorb easily like a lotion but you have the nourishing properties of a Butter. An added reason I like using these so much is because they are incredibly cooling so on the days when it is sweltering outside it gives you a brief period of time when you can feel cool, whilst you also do something good for the your skin, really it is a win win. 

Like most people, during Summer I love a bit of fake tan and the Body Yogurts are great for any tanning routine. Anyone who tans will know the importance of finding a good moisturiser that does not interfere with your tan too much but provides a good level of hydration, the Body Yogurts are perfect. If you apply a layer in the morning, it doesn't leave any residue and by the time you get around to tanning in the evening, the moisturiser has: completely sunk in, you are hydrated and your tan will have a more even base to work on. They say the yogurts will give 48 hours hydration, I don't know how much I agree with this but they certainly work.


Cactus Blossom 

My usual favourite scent in the Body Yogurt range is the Almond Milk & Honey Body Yogurt. In fact, the whole Almond Milk collection in general is my faovurite but there is a Summer launch that I simply cannot help but adore, the Cactus Blossom scent. I was definitely incredibly late to the Cactus Blossom hype because I simply have not been spending time in beauty stores. I have been on No Spend June and since then I have been operating a strict one in, one out policy when it comes to my beauty collection so I have been limiting my exposure to beauty stores. However, at the end of June I had finished all of my body products so I decided to go ahead and buy some new stuff. I went to The Body Shop to pick up another Body Yogurt and whilst I was there I just thought I would smell anything new and the Cactus Blossom truly stood out to me, from the moment I smelt it.

Even though I adore the creamy, sweetened scent of the Almond Milk and Honey Body Yogurt, Cactus Blossom is the perfect Summer scent. It is much lighter, more fruity and therefore more zesty. I have to say I have never really thought about what a Cactus Flower would smell like but this is quite fruity opposed to floral. This product does still contain Almond Milk but that doesn't change the scent as much as it does in the Almond Milk & Honey scent. I think the refreshment and zestiness of the scent just helps to reinforce how perfect this product is for Summer.

The Body Yogurt is my stand out product from The Body Shop, if you are someone who wants a product recommendation from The Body Shop, I truly suggest giving the Body Yogurts a go. They are quite unique and they are a miracle product for Summer. I have literally been coating myself in it this week whilst we had a heatwave in the UK. However, if you are not interested in a Body Yogurt, they do also have the Cactus Blossom scent in a: Shower Gel, Body Butter, a Scrub and a Hand Wash so all of your Summer toiletries are covered.


I highly recommend picking up the Cactus Blossom products whilst you can because it is a limited edition and it is already out of stock online. I have already stocked up on 2 new tubs of Body Yogurt. In addition I do not believe they will be getting anymore more into stores so what they have on the shelves is what they have left.

The Cactus Blossom Body Yogurt makes up half of my Summer scent duo for this year and if you want to read more about the second half, I will be doing a full blog post on the duo in the not too distant future so keep your eyes out for that blog post.

You might also like:

Body Shop: Body Yogurt
Bum Bum Cream
June Empties
Jo Malone Body Creme
Body Shop: Body Butters

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar