Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Quest for a work tote: Goyard St Louis vs Marquises

For the beyond few years, i've been a glad person of the Longchamp Planetes Tonal tote for paintings and journey. it is light-weight and water-resistant (a should for Boston), perfect for hauling around my every day burden of clunky work pc, heels, pockets, small makeup baggie, and snacks. confer with my antique Longchamp post for a review on these bags in all sizes, in addition to this tour outfit video for a quick characteristic.

currently, however, i've been searching out some thing new. I do quite a few thinking on what to splurge on vs. what to keep on (posts to come back), and decided that a pleasant paintings tote - used every single day, visible via clients and coworkers - is worthy of a splurge. The Longchamp is undeniably useful (and that i nonetheless relatively suggest it), but is extra casual, and is visible on the arm of maximum university women and working ladies in Boston.
20080411goyard
input, Goyard. I first found out approximately this French corporation at the same time as interning in northern CA. Goyard was founded in 1853, 365 days before competitor Louis Vuitton, and has a wealthy history of award-triumphing baggage and bag making for royals. The simplest Goyard boutique in the US is in San Fran (though they can also be determined in 3 Barneys and at Bergdorf's).

Their lined canvas with leather products are all handmade in France, and their signature chevron sample is hand-painted (goodness!) onto the canvas. proprietors of Goyard portions can get them personalized with initials, graphics, and stripes.

although i used to be enamored through this lesser-recognised agency and it is hanging chevron, I did not purchase for some motives:
- The fee
- a completely confined pre-owned marketplace. As many of you recognize, I do not thoughts pre-owned objects and prefer to browse resale markets.
- Their maximum popular bag, the St. Louis shopping tote, seemed impractical for me.
- Their greater established luggage (a higher cost) were a bit mature for my fashion. I had pondered the Jeanne satchel, before spending a fraction of its fee on a Louis Vuitton fast 25.

unluckily, for years I trendy those colourful bags from afar, and pointed them out with interest on every occasion I noticed one on a stranger (this happens maybe twice a yr). whilst Nick amazed me with this blue St Louis PM tote final month, my coronary heart skipped a beat.
goyardblue
Sweater: Old Navy 3/4 sleeve crewneck sz S   Shirt: Gap  Skirt: YesStyle  Pumps: CL simple 100s
Same outfit as from this post, Tote: St Louis PM (medium sized, 19"W x 10"H)

After the preliminary pleasure, I regained my senses and started comparing the bag. Designed as a shopping tote, the St. Louis has thin handles and no zipper. The canvas became thin to me, and did no longer keep it is form thoroughly. I placed my 10lbs of laptop and other crap inside, and felt this tote could not be able to sustain the load in the lengthy-time period. despite the fact that i was immensely touched that Nick came up with this present, I failed to think the bag changed into realistic for my life-style...

at some point of our trip to Barneys to return the St. Louis, I caught sight of a completely polished female with a crimson Goyard tote on her arm. I had by no means seen this style before. It regarded smaller in length than the St. Louis PM, had a structured body, AND a zipper. What may want to this be? seems it changed into a fairly newer fashion - the Marquises tote. or even better? This woman had simply lower back her black on black one.
goyard1
The SA pulled this tote out from behind the counter, and i just loved it. After asking if it'd be adequate, I unloaded all of my junk from my Longchamp tote into this handbag, and carried it around the shop in a check run. At $1560 it might be a splurge (50% extra than the St. Louis), but it might be some thing i would convey each day. The Marquises continues to be light just like the St. Louis, however felt sturdier, and bodes functions I need like a zip closure, established base, and metallic toes. I felt the general appearance became strikingly clean and classic, with over a century of embedded history.
goyard2
Goyard Marquises Tote, black on black, 15"L x eleven"H x 5.5" W, with a 7" handle drop

the dimensions of this bag is borderline too big for a 5 toes tall gal, but it's essential to suit my each day haul. In comparison, my Lonchamp was comparable in length, measuring 18" across the pinnacle, eleven" throughout the lowest, and eleven" in top. In an upcoming publish, i will show extra images of this bag towards a shorter body and the distinct methods it could be carried. also, when you consider that Goyard is often in comparison towards Louis Vuitton, I will be sharing some of my mind on how their coated canvas products stack up against each different.

Readers - Please percentage any tips for strong and fine-searching paintings totes : )

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar